Baking has been my recent hobby. With kids being around all the time, there is a constant need to feed them with exciting foods. Tried these eggless vanilla cupcakes with homemade butter cream frosting, and they turned out to be quite soft and moist.
Let’s jump into the recipe.
- 3/4 cup of yogurt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. of butter
- 2 tbsp. of brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of unsalted butter (150 g)
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- food dye (optional)
- Whisk yogurt, oil and vanilla extract for 2- 3 minutes in a mixing bowl.
- Now add all purpose flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder through a sieve into the yogurt mix and mix them well using a spatula. Whisk it again until the mixture is smooth without lumps.
- Add butter and brown sugar into the batter and mix them well. Make sure the butter is very soft so it could easily mix with the cake batter. Brown sugar helps in making the cupcake moist.
- Transfer the batter into a cupcake pan and place it in the oven.
- Preheat the oven for 350℉ and bake for 20 mins.
- Check if the cakes are fully baked using a toothpick or a fork, if not leave it for another 5 mins.
- Once baked, remove the cupcake from the oven and let it cool.
Instructions (Buttercream frosting)
- Make sure butter is kept at room temperature for at least 2- 3 hours, ensuring a very soft one that is easy to beat.
- Using a hand blender whisk the butter at least for 5 minutes so it turns into a light fluffy cream. The color of the cream changes to white when whisked really well.
- Now add icing sugar and whisk again using the hand blender for couple of minutes.
- Add food dye if you prefer a specific color and mix them well with a spatula.
- Once the frosting is ready, pour the cream into a piping or a Ziploc bag and swirl it over the cake.
- Please make sure the cupcakes are cool enough before you try the frosting on it.
- Add sprinkles on the top if you prefer.
If you prefer a chocolate cupcake, add two tbsp. of cocoa powder in the cupcake batter and repeat the same method. Enjoy this soft and delicious vanilla cupcake with butter cream frosting. Hope you like it.