Baking is always a delight. This chocolate chip cookie is a very simple yet delicious recipe. The whole process is quite simple, in fact kids would enjoy to bake this as there is not much effort needed. So let’s jump into the recipe.
- 1/2 cup soft unsweetened butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp. of brown sugar (optional)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chip
- 1/2 tsp of cardamom powder (optional)
- In a mixing bowl add the butter and sugar and mix it well with a hand blender. It need not be whisked for long but just for a minute or so until the butter and sugar mixes well. If you do not have a hand blender it can still be blended well with a spatula but it might take time.(Please make sure the butter is left at room temperature before mixing).
- Sieve all purpose flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Now, add vanilla extract and mix them all together well.
- Add the chocolate chip cookies and gently knead the dough with your hands. The dough should not be sticky.
- Take small chunks of dough and gently pat them on your palm to get the shape of a cookie.
- Pre heat the oven to 350℉ and bake the cookies for 20 minutes. If the cookie is not baked enough leave them in for another 5 minutes.
- Once they are baked let them cool .
- They are ready to be served!
Enjoy the delicious cookie with a cup of milk. Hope you all like it.