Baking is such a stress buster, that too when your baked product turns out good the joy that it gives is tremendous. My recent baking of Jalapeno bread brought the whole family together, each of us having fun adding the ingredients. Without much ado let’s jump into the recipe.
Note: This recipe of Jalapeno bread was inspired by many YouTube channels
- 3 cups of All purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. yeast
- 1.25 cups of water
- 1.5 tsp of salt
- 2 tbsp. of oil
- 2 Jalapenos
- Mix the yeast with 1/2 tsp of sugar and 2 tbsp. of water and leave it aside to rise.
- Sieve the flour and mix it with yeast and oil.
- Add water little by little to get the dough together.
- Knead the dough well for at least 8 – 10 minutes. (Note: This is the important step. The more you knead, softer and well baked will be the bread.)
- Keep the dough covered with a plastic food wrap and leave it aside for 2 – 3 hours.
- After 2 hours knead the dough again gently and add the cut jalapenos and leave the dough inside a bread pan to rise for another 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400℉ and place the bread pan with dough inside with timer set to 40 minutes. Please check from 35 mins onwards if the bread turns golden brown.
- Once it turns golden brown, remove the bread from the oven and let it cool on a cooling plate. (Note: Once it is out of the oven, remove the bread immediately from the pan and let it cool)
Once it completely cools down , cut them into thin slices and enjoy. Jalapeno bread goes well with butter.
Hope you all enjoy this wonderful recipe.