Banana breads are my family’s favorite evening time snack. Whenever we have leftover bananas that get too ripe to be consumed, it’s ‘banana bread’ time 😊 . With all the nuts and dry fruits added, the bread becomes a healthy option too. The soft and moist bread can be stored for at least a week and when refrigerated ,a little longer. Now, let’s get into the recipe.
- 3 well ripe bananas
- 1.5 cups All purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 tbsp. butter (room temp.)
- 1 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cardamom + cinnamon powder
- Finely chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds, cranberries and raisins)
- 3 tbsp. of milk (if needed)
- In a mixing bowl, add the bananas and sugar and blend them well using a hand blender into a smooth mixture.
- Add oil , butter and mix them well with a spatula.
- Sieve flour, salt and baking soda into the mix.
- Blend them well again using a hand blender.
- Add brown sugar, this keeps the bread a little moist and soft.
- If the batter is thick and not in a flowy consistency, add 3 tbsp. of milk else milk is not required.
- Add the chopped walnuts, almonds, cranberries and raisins into the batter. You can add dates and cashews too.
- Pour the bread batter into a bread pan.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350℉.
- Bake the bread for 40 – 45 mins. Check if the bread has baked well, else leave it in the oven for 5 more mins.
- Once , the bread bakes completely, remove the pan from the oven and let it cool completely for at least an hour.(Note: Make sure the bread is removed from the pan and kept on a cooling tray)
Slice it into even pieces and store it in a dry box .
Enjoy this super moist and soft banana bread with your family & friends.